Important Travel Documents To Bring On International Trips


How do I obtain a Passport? 

Getting a passport is a simple procedure as long as you round up everything you need before applying. United States residents must apply in person at a Federal Building or County Courthouse. Each person traveling must have his/her own passport.
Passport applications are available online at the National Passport Information Center’s website:
Phone number for inquiry of your passport application status: 1-877-487-2778.

To apply you will need the following:

  • Two duplicate 2”x 2” passport photos, especially made for this purpose and taken recently. The bearer must sign both photos.
  • A certified copy of your birth certificate or other proof of citizenship (such as naturalization paper). If you do not have a birth certificate, you must have a letter from the state where you were born stating that a legal search has been done for your birth certificate.
  • A valid photo ID with a signature when you apply in person. This can be a driver’s license or military ID.
  • Social security number – required for children as well as adults.
  • Apply at a Federal Building, County Courthouse, or in some cities at a designated Post Office.

Important Travel Documents To Bring On International Trips

Important Travel Documents To Bring On International Trips

Have you looked at the expiration date on your passport?

Many foreign countries are now requiring that passports be valid for a specific length of time past your arrival date into that country, so if your passport expires within 6 months past the date of your departure, it may be necessary for you to obtain a new passport before you leave for this trip. Three examples of this are Israel, Jordan and Egypt, all of which require your passport to be valid 6 months beyond your date of entry into their countries. Maranatha Tours will not be responsible for any delays, missed touring or expenses as a result of a passport expiring within 6 months of your departure date.

Do I have to submit my passport to other countries prior to arrival? 

Passengers traveling to many overseas countries must have their passport information submitted to each country prior to arrival. If this information is not submitted to us at least 60 days before departure, you may not be allowed into these countries. In addition we must issue the International Airline ticket in the name that appears on the passport. If the first and last name on the ticket is different from the passport, the airline has the right to deny you boarding.

Do I need a Visa? 

US Citizens only: visas may be required for your trip depending on where you are traveling to as well as your citizenship. For US citizens please look note all visa fees are included in your “all inclusive” tour.

Non US Citizens: if you are not a US citizen with a US passport please contact Maranatha Tours to determine if you will need a visa. All visas outside of group visas will need to be obtained by the individual traveler from the consulate for that country. Maranatha Tours will provide any information needed to obtain your visa, however we are unable to obtain the visa for you. You may want to contact a visa expediter such as A-Briggs (www.Abriggs.Com) for assistance.

More Travel Tips 

Ben Gurion Airport 


Important Travel Documents To Bring On International Trips